The Dream That Started It All

This dream was the reason why I started this blog...

I have a dream that one day all Filipinos would learn to dream!
That we all would one day wake up with a dream in our hearts...
A dream that would change the Philippines!

I have a dream that one day this nation would rise up to be the best!
That all the other nations would look at the passion in our hearts...
A dream that would change the Philippines!

I have a dream that one day that we Filipinos would no longer
sit back and just wait for what life has to bring...
But instead wake up to a dream that would change our lives!
That we would look past our current situation and strive to succeed!

I have a dream that one day all Filipinos from Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao
Would one day dream this dream...

I have a dream that one day the Philippines
Would achieve what no other nation has achieved!
A Nation composed of 88,570,000 people,
Dreaming One Dream!
I hope to inspire every single Filipino to dream this dream by talking about the issues and mentalities that we have as a Nation.. And may my life and the lives of other Talented Filipinos inspire you...

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Filipino Talent - Don Don Hontiveros


Don Don Hontiveros (Professional Basketball Player)

Don Don Hontiveros is a great basketball player who is a gentleman on and off the basketball court. I once had the chance to meet Hontiveros when he visited my school to give an inspirational talk to the members of our school's basketball club...

Listening to him talk about his life made me admire Don Don Hontiveros, here's why:

He is one of the living examples of a Filipino who had a dream for his life. It may not be publicly known, but when Hontiveros was 10 years old he wrote his dream on a piece of paper. He wrote, "I will be a professional basketball player". And he never allowed anyone to take away his dream and never got distracted..

Today, we see a Don Don Hontiveros, who stayed humble amidst all the fame!

No comments: